A huge thank you to Misty Lemma at The Bikini Bookworm for the nomination! Her blog effortlessly combines two of the most important things in life: fitness and reading. If you’re seeking inspiration to kick off your fitness journey for the New Year (like me), her blog is fantastic 🙂
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers (copied from frugal on the prairie). So thrilled to receive it!
The Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
1. Where did you grow up?
Austin, Texas. It’s a beautiful city.
2.Do you work out regularly?
Sadly, no. However, my family is really into fitness so I have a lot of inspiration and motivation in my household. I am trying to remedy that this this year.
3. Do you like to cook?
Yes. I particularly enjoy cooking breakfast foods :), but would love to learn to cook food from different nationalities in the coming year.
4.What’s been your favorite vacation?
Definitely Italy with my family. We went to Venice, Florence, and Rome. Florence was my favorite, I especially loved seeing the Uffizi gallery (the Medici house).
5.What’s your least favorite food?
I am definitely a picky eater, so a lot of food falls into this category. However, I absolutely abhor mac and cheese.
6.What’s your favorite animal?
Tiger or elephant.
7.What’s the last book you read?
The Passenger by Lisa Lutz (eARC). Finished it tonight, review up soon!
8.Do you have any kids?
That’s a vehement no!
9.What TV shows do you watch?
Portlandia (one of my all time favorites), Bob’s Burgers, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia (favorite), Reign, Project Runway
10.Do you prefer indoors or outdoors?
Outdoors. I love the Texas heat 🙂 I already feel spring coming.
11.What would your perfect day look like?
It would begin with an early morning hike, then to a lovely brunch. I’d go geocaching (something I’ve been meaning to do forever) and then eat a picnic lunch. I’d read for a little bit after the picnic and then go to the lake and paddleboard. I’d come home and have a tea party and then take a bubble bath. I’d go out to a nice dinner and come home and read some more. Of course, I would be accompanied by my sister.
- What is one of your favorite words? Why?
- What is the third book on your bookshelf (from the left)?
- What was your favorite childhood series?
- What book would you recommend to everyone to read?
- If you could see any band in the world in concert, who would you see?
- Name your favorite bookstore to visit.
- Name three book to movie (or miniseries) adaptations that you love.
- If you could invite any author over for tea, who would you choose?
- Name one way in which the blogging community has changed your life.
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
- What is your favorite book that falls into the genre of mystery/thriller?
- Jess @ Jess’s Reading Nook
- Debra @ Cultivating Time
- Grab the Lapels
- Margot @ Lectito
- Alyssa @ The Ultimate Book Geek
- Kinneret @ kinneretstern
- Justine @ From Here To There
- Skye @ You Mass You Matter
- Aubrey @ If Mermaids Wore Suspenders
- The Orangutan Librarian
- Building Diverse Bookshelves
Hope you all have fun with the questions!
Thank you again to The Bikini Bookworm! It was a lot of fun 🙂