*Note: I would love to connect with you! You can find me on Instagram or contact me at email@example.com*
A grand welcome to NapoleonSplit. This blog is dedicated to a challenge, more specifically a book challenge, by the name of The Fifty Books, in which I will read fifty books (the number is the only thing that may change). The rules of the challenge must always be followed; they will be eternally enforced and never forgotten. As you will see the rules of The Fifty Books, not reading the fifty books, are where the challenge really lies.
The Fundamental Laws of The Fifty Books
- No two genres shall be read in a row.
- If a book is read that has been turned into a movie, the movie must be watched within five days of finishing the book. The blog post reviewing the book must be edited promptly to accommodate a movie review.
- Books must be annotated when appropriate.
- If a book is taken from the library or from a source other than my home, a note must be left in the book with a greeting to the next reader.
- One book recommended by a friend must be read. (Divya)
- Choose 5 books to recommend to five different friends and discuss it with them when they read it
Blog Post Requirements
- A picture of the book.
- Title, Author, Genre
- Why did I choose to read this book?
- If the book is not from home, a picture of the note.
- Book review/ reflection
- If applicable, movie review
- One quote from the book that I feel is meaningful or beautiful
- New words
- One friend who would enjoy this book
- One song in the soundtrack of this book (for either the book as a whole or for a character, must be specified in the blog post)
Flexibility in the laws of The Fifty Books
- It is okay to read more than fifty books, however 50, and no less, must be read
And with that, the journey has begun.